Watershed Management Plan & Reports
The Sunrise River WMO's activities and priorities are guided by their watershed management plan. The plan is developed with involvement from other water resource agencies, SRWMO member communities, and the public. The SRWMO's current plan was adopted June 3, 2010 and expires December 31, 2019.
- Watershed Management Plan
- MN Board of Water and Soil Resources Approval Order
- Buffer Additional Waters Plan Addendum (9-2017)
- SRWMO Data Practices Policy
Watershed Plan Update
NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEETING: Wed, Aug. 22 at 1:15 at East Bethel City Hall the SRWMO will hold a meeting of its technical advisory committee to discuss watershed planning. A quorum of SRWMO board members may be present for discussion, but no decisions will be made.
In 2018-2019 the SRWMO is updating its Watershed Management Plan. This plan is valid for 10-years. It sets priorities, measurable goals, a schedule of work, and expected expenditures. The expected completion of the new Plan is December 2019. Opportunities to provide input to the Watershed Management Plan include:
- Attend our May 24, 2018 public input meeting at 6:30pm at the Coon Lake Beach Community Center.
- Serve on our Citizen’s Advisory Committee (CAC). The SRWMO will call upon the CAC to advise priorities, goals and work plans through periodic meetings and opportunities for review and comment by email. CAC members will get regular email updates on planning progress. All attendees of the May 24 public input meeting will be considered CAC members unless they opt out. Others are invited to join the CAC by contacting Jamie Schurbon at 763-434-2030 ext. 12.
- Attend a regularly scheduled SRWMO meeting. While not required, if possible please give us advance notice of your attendance so we can reserve time on the agenda for you. You may do so by contacting Jamie Schurbon at 763-434-2030 ext. 12.
- Drafts of the plan, once prepared, will be posted on this website.
Draft watershed plan materials will be posted at this location as they become available. DRAFT materials currently available:
SRWMO Annual Reports
Each year the SRWMO produces an annual report pursuant to Minnesota Rules 8410.0150. That includes activities, progress toward goals, and finances. Reports for each year are completed by mid-April of the following year. Click the year below to view each report.
SRWMO Joint Powers Agreement
The Sunrise River WMO is a joint powers organization consisting of the communities of Columbus, East Bethel, Ham Lake, and Linwood. Through the SRWMO the communities jointly and cooperatively manage water resources, particularly those that flow across municipal boundaries. The organization is operated by a board of managers consisting of two representatives from each community. The SRWMO Joint Powers Agreement provides rules and procedures for operation of the SRWMO.